Internet marketing is the process of promoting a brand, service, or product online. It is also known as online marketing, web marketing, and digital marketing. Internet marketing efforts are typically used in conjunction with traditional sources of advertising such as radio, television, and print.
Internet marketing includes social media marketing (SMM), email marketing, web marketing, affiliate marketing and much more:
1) Social media marketing (SMM). This covers any advertising or marketing techniques used on a social media network. Some social media networks are common for this work, such as:
2) Email marketing. Emailing updates, information, and other offers to customers who subscribe to a mailing list.
3) Web marketing. There are several ways to promote your website including:
- Affiliate marketing
- Promotional websites
- Search engine advertising
- Search engine result pages (SERP)
4) Affiliate marketing. The easiest way to explain affiliate marketing is that it’s a way of making money online. You as a publisher or blogger are rewarded for helping a business by promoting their product, service, or site.
5) Display advertising. Running adverts, typically banners, on other sites.
6) Inbound marketing.
7) Search engine optimization. SEM, SEO, and other techniques for improving your ranking in search engines. This involves keyword research and placement.
Why is Internet Marketing Important?
You can’t ignore the internet, as it has become a part of life. More and more people gather information from the internet, so it only makes sense for any business to use the internet as a marketing tool.
There are many ways of marketing, primarily print, electronic media, and the internet. Print advertising is one of the most expensive ways to advertise. It includes newspaper, journals, magazines, the phonebook, and more. Electronic media advertising includes TV and radio. Electronic media advertising can reach a wider audience but, as with print advertising, advertising fees are expensive. Internet marketing can be one of the most efficient and cost effective ways to promote your company or product. Internet marketing allows consumers to find your business worldwide. It also allows for statistics to be measured more easily and at a lower cost.